Now you have the general understanding of UXD subject. And it is time to move to more practical stuff. But before doing it, it is necessary to describe knowledge domains, that are closely related to UX design, and mention some literature and other sources for further reading.
- Usability, interaction design and UX itself
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Situational awareness
- Psychology (especially cognitive psychology)
- Systems analysis, thinking and engineering
- Visual communications
- IT technologies, programming and software development
- Problem solving
Set of literature sources mentioned here is not full and I will mention more books in next course sections. If you want full list of literature and web sources, please check Resources page.